St. Rita’s Medical Center
St. Rita’s Medical Center invested $130 million in an expansion project called The Medical Center of the Future.
The expansion will be environmentally friendly, significantly reducing energy costs. It will be more efficient for staff and further enhance patient safety. Medical Center officials estimate the expansion will create hundreds of construction jobs and 300 – 500 permanent health care positions.
Newcomer Concrete performed all exterior concrete work for the project over a 2 year period.
Work consisted of:
- 2,000 Linear feet of 24 inch Barrier Curb/Walk
- 1,000 Linear feet of 30 inch high reinforced retaining wall for ponds
- 38,000 Square feet of 4 inch sidewalk
- 3,300 Linear feet of Type 6 reinforced curb
- 2,300 Linear feet of Type 2 Curb and Gutter
- 600 Square feet of 6 inch drive
- 1,280 Square feet of 8 inch drive
- 1,000 Square feet of 8 inch reinforced slab
- 14 ADA ramps with truncated domes